Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Absentee Blogging

Things have been busy around here in a decidedly non-fun way this week. Work is a bit crazy--not so much hectic as frustrating--while I've had some family stuff going on as well. And today I had oodles of fun trying unsuccessfully to deal with the local board of elections. I also spent my free time this week watching the entire first season of Brothers and Sisters (next up, Friday Night Lights). The result of this is that I don't actually have much of anything interesting to blog about.

So instead you're getting my itty-bitty and definitely late New Year's Resolutions. I don't actually like the holiday and I don't normally make resolutions, but I've been having one of those months when I feel like my life could use a little organization. And here they are:
  • I will read no more than three books at once. I know it's not unusual to read a bunch of books at once, but I feel like it's interfering with my enjoyment of the books. Right now I'm in the process of reading:
    • Memoirs of an Anti-Semite
    • Empire Falls
    • The Evening Land
    • The Book of Daniel
    • I, Claudius
    • The Towers of Trebizond
    • Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
    • Homo Faber
    • An ARC for a book my company is publishing in the spring
  • I will get rid of the books I will never, ever read and only took in the first place because they were free.
  • I will brush the cat at least once a week. It's easy and he loves it so there's no excuse not to do it.
  • I will pack a lunch more frequently than I buy one. Because I could really use the money.
  • I will clean the bathroom on a regular basis (I totally think this counts as a big resolution).
And really I think that's quite enough, no?

No comments: