Tuesday, May 15, 2007

love is more thicker than forget

My favorite e.e. cummings poem. There's been a bit of interesting talk about him on a message board I frequent and some wonderful poems posted, but this one is the one I love best. I first read it in some how-to-write-poetry book from which I got little. The poem is the only thing I remember about it.


love is more thicker than forget
more thinner than recall
more seldom than a wave is wet
more frequent than to fail

it is most mad and moonly
and less it shall unbe
than all the sea which only
is deeper than the sea

love is less always than to win
less never than alive
less bigger than the least begin
less littler than forgive

it is most sane and sunly
and more it cannot die
than all the sky which only
is higher than the sky

No comments: