Friday, May 11, 2007

About Grace

This is the next book for the aforementioned discussion group and I've just started it so I don't know what I think of it yet. I do know what I think of the cover (and in case you haven't picked up on it I'm totally one of those people who buys books for their covers).

The hardcover had a gorgeous, eye-catching cover. I love it.


And then, for the trade, they switched it to this crappy snowflake cover.

Everyone knows that in real life snowflakes are beautiful and delicate and at times a bit breathtaking. But that's partially because they're so tiny that the detail seems impossible and partially because they melt when you so much as breathe on them. On the cover of a book? They're mostly really boring. Also, I hate white book covers because they just get all grungy and look like crap.

No comments: