Sunday, May 20, 2007

Just how much can you spend on clothes?

So I'm not poor, but goodness did I feel it today. My boss gave me a gift card to Saks Fifth Avenue (after assuring me we were not exchanging gifts in our department, I might add) and I just hadn't gotten around to using it. Anyway, I don't get to Saks often because I really can't afford to shop there. I mean honestly, how much money do you have to make to be able to pay $450 for a shirt or $225 for a backgammon set or $700 for a belt (which was the exact belt I've been looking for, but that's nearly two months of my rent). A lot more than I make. I felt like I should have gotten dressed nicely just to go there in the first place.

So anyway, I went up and used my gift card on a couple little things and then walked home. Exciting yes?












No comments: