Saturday, June 07, 2008

Heading out...

So Friday and today have been, shall we say, not my best days. On Friday I had a dental appointment that was the most painful I ever had. And here everyone said that the procedure is less painful on the bottom teeth than the top. They were apparently supposed to give me Motrin beforehand, but it seems that everyone assumed someone else had done it, and by the time the Novocaine began to wear off, with the hygenist still working away at my teeth, the pain was pretty bad. When they finally did give me the painkillers, just before I left, they gave me 800 mgs, which is the same thing I got when I had my wisdom teeth out. And about an hour and some warm salt water later I could actually function. Which is good since I had ballet tickets with a friend (more on that later).

Then, Saturday, I headed off to the airport so I could meet my family in Maine for a vacation full of hiking and walking about. But I missed the last stair on the subway and sprained my left ankle for what must be about the 10th time. I didn't have time to go home and get the stuff I would need to take care of it properly without possibly missing my plane, so I spent the hour and a half train ride just trying to keep it elevated and hobbling from F to E to AirTrain and through check-in. At the airport, by the gates, I was finally able to buy some ibuprofen and get a cup of ice that I could wrap in a bandanna and use to ice my ankle. It may turn out to be a good thing that I brought extra books on this vacation—rather long books as well. Hopefully it'll improve quickly; I always find it difficult to tell on the first day. And I haven't actually looked at it yet, although even through the sock I can tell it's pretty swollen.

Anyway, updates may or may not be scant due to being on vacation—I don't know how much free time I'll have or if I'll have internet access. When I get around to it posts on Top Girls, Jerome Robbins ballets at NYCB, Stoner, and more are coming. I'm sure my one or two readers are delighted...

No comments: