Monday, May 19, 2008

Enjoying Spring

The weather here has been a bit schizo--one day it's gorgeous and the next it's cold and raining--which has been totally tiring. But Saturday was a totally lovely day, so when a friend texted to suggest having a picnic in Central Park, I was all about that. I went to the post office first and spent 45 minutes on line--oh the joys of NYC post offices on Saturdays--only to be told that they couldn't help me, so I was pretty cranky. But getting to the park cheered me right up.

Because I don't live near Central Park I kind of forget to go up there regularly. Then whenever I do get there I remember how fantastic it is. It's not the same as being able to put on a some hiking boots and go trekking through the woods but it's still pretty damn nice.

No comments: