Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bowery and Houston




I was planning on going to three PEN World Voices things today like a good little wannabe-intellectual or whatever. But halfway through the first--which I disliked on its own merits but I'll post about that later--I realized that I've spent an awful lot of time sitting in a theater-type setting in the last few days. I know a lot of people do that but I'm kind of antsy in the best of situations and I had just come to the unpleasant realization that I was getting no more enjoyment from listening to that panel than I got from cleaning the litter box this morning. And one of my cats has rather bad aim so believe me when I tell you that litter box was nasty. So I decided that, given the fact that I have tickets to three talks tomorrow, it was probably best if I spent the rest of today doing other things. Which I have. So good for me, I guess.

No comments: