Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Can I cry now?

So I leave for Japan on Saturday, which means I've got to tie up loose ends and get stuff done at work before my two week vacation. So ideally, I'd have a nice slow week during which I can do this. But no. Instead I get the busiest week I've had in months. I'm going to have to work late every day this week. Unless I can haul myself out of bed early instead. Which I am going to attempt, I think.

I've been so busy tackling my desk full of last minute projects and rushes--seriously, my entire desk looked like that section pictured to the left today--that I haven't had a chance to do the longterm projects I also need to get done. I used to be a much better multi-tasker than I am now. I'm out of practice. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to buckle down and really get work done for the next few days. I did get my desk half cleared and do one of my major projects by the time I left work tonight.

None of this would be a problem if it weren't for the fact that I'm totally unprepared for my trip. I need to do laundry and pack and buy some little gifts for the people I'm staying with. And on Thursday and Friday evening I'm going to Fall for Dance, because god forbid I not jam that into my schedule. Really I brought all this upon myself. Maybe I can get some shopping done during my lunch hour.

These things always work out in the end, and I'm sure everything will be fine. I just needed to have my little meltdown anyway.

No comments: