Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My Morning

I got in line around 7:15 this morning. Not too long but as long a line as I've ever had to wait on to vote (I always go in the morning, before work.)
The line was moving quickly. Even better, none of the people there were in my district so while they waited on second lines for their voting booths I just waited for one of the poll workers to fill out a card for me, signed the book, and got right to voting. I'm glad we have these old, easy to use, completely non-electronic machines. My sister and I were talking yesterday about how there's something satisfying about using these machines where you have to move the lever and flip all the little tabs, much more so than there would be if we were just filling in bubbles for an optical scan or tapping a screen for one of those horrible, insecure electronic voting machines.

A straight democratic ticket:

All told, I was out of there by 7:30. The line had doubled by then, but was still much, much shorter than the lines people all over the country will be waiting on today. Fortunate for us.


No matter where you live or who you vote for, just be sure to vote if you haven't already. (Unless, of course, like a certain father of mine, you've never been registered in which case you should be ashamed.)

And now I'm just going to go back to stressing out until this thing is over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Unless, of course, like a certain father of mine, you've never been registered in which case you should be ashamed.)

Haha! That's awesome Meg. Tell your dad to stay strong! For years I refused to register. Being a political science major at a university here in the state capital ruined me.

Meg said...

I am so not going to encourage his civic irresponsibility, Andrew. Particularly since he tries to tell everyone else in the family who to vote for. :)